menu   home About Me My Products  

Ruby Bridges and Black History Month




All during the month of February, we will be learning about African American heroes in celebration of Black History month. Ruby Bridges is absolutely one of my favorite heroes to teach my students about. Mostly, because she was their age when she showed courage and became a hero herself! It’s hard for most of my students to understand what our world was like before the civil rights movement, but her story gives them a glimpse of how things have changed. 



Enjoy this Ruby Bridges FREEBIE that is a sample of my complete African American Heroes – No Prep Unit!

My complete unit covers the following heroes:
o Crispus Attucks
o B.K. Bruce
o Dr. Guion Bluford
o George Washington Carver
o Shirley Chisholm
o Frederick Douglas
o Dr. Charles R. Drew
o W.E.B. Dubois
o Sarah B. Goode
o Mae C. Jemison
o Barbara Jordan
o Martin Luther King, Jr.
o Thurgood Marshall
o Jesse Owens
o Rosa Parks
o Jackie Robinson
o Dred Scott
o Sojourner Truth
o Harriet Tubman
o Madame C.J. Walker







No comments:

Post a Comment